Pizza Hut is a famous American global restaurant that has 17,639 locations operating worldwide, and over 6,600 Pizza Hut restaurants are located in the United States. They are one of the top competing fast-food chains today, ranking 15th among food and beverage brands all over the world. They are known for offering a wide variety of pizzas, pasta, breadsticks, and desserts. But are there Pizza Hut keto options?
Pizza Hut is one of the world’s largest pizza chain companies. They serve over a million pizzas per day in more than 100 countries, mostly through franchised restaurants. Pizza Hut has been around since 1958 and has seen a lot of changes over the years. When they first started, they only sold pizzas with cheese and pepperoni. Now they offer 12 different types of pizza, plus side dishes such as breadsticks, wings, pasta, and salads.
But what about low-carb options? Don’t worry, Pizza Hut may not be the best option for a low-carb or keto diet. However, they do offer a selection of low-carb options that you can safely order. In this article, we will go through these low carb Pizza Hut options and give you some tips on how to order them.
What is a Keto Diet?
But before we go through the list of keto-friendly options at Pizza Hut, let’s first understand what a keto diet is. The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, low-carb diet that has many benefits for all different age groups. It is a diet that has been proven to promote weight loss and improve health. The idea behind this diet is that if you consume a low amount of carbs, your body will enter ketosis and start using fat for energy.
The process of weight loss on the keto diet is due to the breakdown of fat cells, which releases fatty acids into the bloodstream. This would then be converted into ketones, which are an alternative energy source for the body. It can also help you reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. It can also help with mental health issues like anxiety and depression.
Pizza Hut Keto Options
Pizza is the most popular meal item on the menu. You can eliminate carbohydrates by scraping the ingredients from the crust. Be sure to grab a fork because this is about to get messy.
We went over the entire menu and categorized it into items that you should and shouldn’t eat on a low-carb diet. Below are some safe options, as well as instructions on how to order them.
Eat only the toppings and not too much tomato sauce (you can have it in a Pizza Bowl).
- Meat Lover’s Pizza
- Veggie Lover’s (you can add meat toppings)
- Hawaiian Chicken (consume less pineapple)
- Chicken Bacon
- Buffalo Chicken (no sauce)
- Backyard BBQ (no BBQ sauce)
You can order your customized pizza and select these keto-friendly toppings such as Green Peppers, Banana Peppers, Italian Sausage, Olives, Bacon, Spinach, Pepperoni, Pork, Mushrooms, Chicken ,Steak, and Onions. These toppings are ideal for a Pizza Hut keto bowl.
- Naked Wings – Pizza Hut’s naked wings are keto-friendly. Make sure to order this without the dipping sauce. You can opt for a garlic butter sauce or ranch dressing.
Not all locations offer salads, but most of them do, and if so, order them with NO dressing.
- BLT Salad – contains 290 calories, 16 grams of total fat, 14 grams of protein, and 4 grams of carbs.
- Chicken Garden Salad – contains 420 calories, 19 grams of total fat, 32 grams of protein, and 4 grams of carbs.
- Chicken Caesar Salad (Omit the croutons) – contains 410 calories, 21 grams of total fat, 33 grams of protein, and 5 grams of carbs.
- Garden Salad – contains 290 calories, 16 grams of total fat, 14 grams of protein, and 4 grams of carbs.
- Classic Caesar Salad – contains 250 calories, 12 grams of total fat, 5 grams of protein, and 2 grams of carbs.
- Grilled Chicken Garden Salad – contains 320 calories, 16 grams of total fat, 27 grams of protein, and 4 grams of carbs.
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad (Omit the croutons) – contains 310 calories, 18 grams of total fat, 28 grams of protein, and 4 grams of carbs.
- Side Caesar Salad (Omit the croutons) – contains 110 calories, 3 grams of total fat, 14 grams of protein, and 5 grams of carbs.
- Italian Garden Salad – contains 270 calories, 19 grams of total fat, 14 grams of protein, and 6 grams of carbs.
- WingStreet Caesar Salad (Grilled chicken only and omit the croutons) – contains 830 calories, 53 grams of total fat, 36 grams of protein, and 10 grams of carbs.
- WingStreet Buffalo Salad (Grilled chicken only and NO breaded items) – contains 800 calories, 48 grams of total fat, 39 grams of protein, and 10 grams of carbs.
- Zesty Italian Tuscan Salad – contains 370 calories, 22 grams of total fat, 16 grams of protein, and 6 grams of carbs.
- Zesty Italian Salad – contains 200 calories, 11 grams of total fat, 10 grams of protein, and 3 grams of carbs.
If your local Pizza Hut offers sandwiches, order them WITHOUT the buns and sauce.
- The Black Forest Ham and Cheese Sandwich – contains 860 calories, 41 grams of fat, 47 grams of protein, and 7 grams of carbs.
- Black Forest Ham and Cheese Diablo Sandwich – contains 860 calories, 39grams of fat, 38 grams of protein, and 7 grams of carbs.
- Steak and Cheese Hoagie – contains 920 calories, 56 grams of fat, 55 grams of protein, and 10 grams of carbs.
- Supremo Sandwich – contains 1070 calories, 57 grams of fat, 47 grams of protein, and 8 grams of carbs.
- Roasted Turkey Sandwich – contains 850 calories, 39 grams of fat, 38 grams of protein, and 8grams of carbs.
You have to order all the breakfast sandwiches WITHOUT the biscuits. It will be the perfect way to go low carb or gluten free. The selection of keto sandwiches includes:
- Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit – 320 calories, 26 grams of total fat, 15 grams of protein, and 6 grams of carbs.
- Sausage Biscuit – 400 calories, 28 grams of total fat, 12 grams of protein, and 7 grams of carbs.
- Egg and Cheese Biscuit – 370 calories, 22 grams of total fat, 12 grams of protein, and 4 grams of carbs.
- Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit – 550 calories, 32 grams of total fat, 20 grams of protein, and 6 grams of carbs.
Food Items To Avoid When You’re on Keto at Pizza Hut
It’s no surprise that you can’t consume any of Pizza Hut’s bread or pizza dough. For a great low-carb lunch, scrape all of the toppings from a meat lover’s pizza and pile everything on the bed of a side salad. Some dishes aren’t worth customizing at Pizza Hut. We’ve created a list of products that are NOT keto-friendly, so you don’t get tempted to buy them.
- All breaded wings
- Hash Browns
- Chicken parmesan sandwich
- Crispy chicken salad (ask for grilled chicken instead)
- Meatball sub sandwich
- Crispy Cobb salad (ask for grilled chicken instead of crispy)
- Stuffed Garlic Knots
- All sweetened beverages
- All desserts
- All breadsticks
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- French fries
- All pasta dishes
- All sauces and salad dressings except for garlic butter
- All soups
Tips on Ordering Keto-Friendly at Pizza Hut
If you’re following a low-carb diet, Pizza Hut isn’t exactly the best place to go. Ketogenic dieters are far better off cooking their meals themselves and bringing them with them during the day to ensure they have something nutritious to eat.
Sometimes you need restaurant food but Pizza Hut is the only option, such as at a work lunch, a dinner function, or when traveling. Fortunately, there are always methods to avoid carbs, even if it involves picking the ingredients off with a fork.
Here are some tips on how to have a low-carb meal at Pizza Hut:
Eat Something Before You Go Out
Pizza Hut doesn’t have any keto friendly Pizza, so your best chance is to buy a ground beef slice of pizza and enjoy the toppings solely, or to get sauceless wings. The issue is that Pizza Hut’s components are extensively processed and most likely fried in vegetable oil.
Furthermore, their entrees are smothered with a condiment that you must request to be held. So when you’re invited to eat out with your family or friends, you can eat a little at home. You can choose high-quality ingredients or cook them in ketogenic-friendly oil.
Make Your Customized Pizza and Consume Only the Toppings
You can obtain the toppings you want by ordering a customized pizza, but you’ll still have to remove them from the bread. This might be messy and may elicit odd eyes from others, but it’s good if you have to track carbs. Get a customized pizza containing sausage, bacon, low-carb veggies, cheese, mushrooms, onions, and spinach if you can.
Choose a thin crust to make it simpler to brush the toppings off. Thick, chewy crusts tend to surround the toppings, making it difficult to separate them without getting dough mixed throughout. If you want to fill up, go lightly on the marinara sauce and request additional cheese.
Order Their Salads Instead
Salad and sandwich options may vary from place to place, but if you want a simple method to eat low-carb, it’s worth asking whether they have any. You have to order their sandwiches without the bread.
Use a Macro Calculator for Your Daily Carbohydrate Intake
Pizza Hut features a simple nutrition calculator that will tell you how many calories are in your dish and help you compute your total net carbs. We know that you won’t be stuffed with just pizza toppings, so you may try their wings and salads.
Pizza Hut Keto Options FAQs
Is Pizza Hut Keto-friendly?
Pizza Hut offers a variety of keto-friendly items including salad, sandwiches, and biscuits. But if you’re craving some pizzas, you can only eat the toppings and tomato sauce, and NO pizza crusts.
What is a Keto diet?
The ketogenic diet is a high fat, low carb diet that has many benefits for all different age groups. It is a diet that has been proven to promote weight loss and improve health. The idea behind this diet is that if you consume a low amount of carbs, your body will enter ketosis and start using fat for energy.
What are the benefits of Keto?
The Keto diet has been proven to promote weight loss, improve health and help you reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. It can also help with mental health issues like anxiety and depression.
Does Pizza Hut offer a Keto Pizza?
Unfortunately, Pizza Hut does not offer a keto pizza. The only thing you can consume on their pizza is its toppings. However, not all are keto-friendly like red onions, eating a hefty amount of onions can have a high g net carb and can even kick you out of ketosis. Some other countries may offer cauliflower pizza based but in the US, it’s still not available.
Are Pizza Hut wings keto friendly?
Yes! Naked wings that are not breaded and suitable for a keto diet.
Overall, we don’t recommend going to Pizza Hut if you’re craving pizza because Pizza Hut’s pizza crusts are not keto-friendly. The majority of the items on the menu aren’t on the ketogenic diet. However, there are hefty Pizza Hut keto options to choose from like Pizza Hut Wings keto version, Salads, and bunless sandwiches. You can opt for keto-friendly drinks, grilled chicken, salads, and bunless sandwiches.
If Pizza Hut is the only choice for meals, for instance during a business lunch or meeting, you can remove the toppings from almost any pizza and put them into a salad. Just make sure to keep any salad dressing to a minimum. You might want to ask for your customized pizza so you can pile it high with meats, cheeses, and low-carb veggies. You can also order a keto pizza from Pizza Hut, but only the toppings are served in a bowl.
Having a keto diet can be tricky, but following this guide on keto meals at Pizza Hut will help you stay in ketosis. If you’re on a different type of diet, don’t worry! We also have guides for vegan, dairy free, gluten-free diet and more! I hope this article was helpful. Thank you for your time!